Puakea Designs Weed 6.3 Rudder
The Puakea Designs 6.3 Weed Rudder designed by Johnny Puakea and Billy Lawson on Oahu, HI. This rudder is designed for the Cantare, Volare and Kahele OC1 and made by Outrigger Zone.
Compatible with select Puakea canoes only. Please SELECT the correct rudder for your Puakea OC1 model canoe in the drop down menu below. THIS RUDDER IS NOT ONE SIZE FITS ALL MODELS, as every OC1 canoe design has a different rudder shaft.
When creating a sweep in a rudder to shed weeds, you lose some control of the rudder. With the parameters of the Edge design in mind, we designed two weed rudders to achieve minimal drag and maximum control for their conditions.
Puakea Weed 6.3:
- This rudder is designed for waters with stubborn weeds
- Improved efficiency and performance with less drag
- Primary rudder for paddlers in mostly flat to chop with weeds
- Secondary rudder for paddlers with occasional weeds
- Specs: Length: 6.3 inches, Width (at widest part): 3.25 inches, 34° sweep
- Available for the Volare, Kahele, and eventually the Cantare
Please allow 5 business days for order fulfillment.
We ship most of our orders via USPS priority mail.
LOCAL PICKUP OPTION (Orange County only): Please use the code "OCLOCAL" at checkout to indicate you would like to pick up your order in the Orange County area. You will be contacted directly to arrange pickup location.
Select the correct model in drop down.