Junior Waterman Camp
Junior Waterman Camp
August 8-13th, 2022
Boys and Girls
Newport Aquatic Center
Newport Beach, CA
Total Price - $850
Payment schedule: Deposit of $350 is required to save a spot, 2nd payment of $300 due on June 8th and then final payment of $200 due July 8th, 2022.
27 spots* available
*Minimum number of spots for this camp is 12, if we are unable to reach this number will explore other options with registered campers and parents.
What this camp includes:
- 15+ hours of paddling and coaching with Puakea Accredited Coaches
- Training with Puakea Designs Team Riders and Ambassadors
- Campers will get the opportunity to learn how to paddle various types of crafts like OC1, OC6, Flatwater Canoe and Kayak, SUP, Paddleboard and Dragon Boat.
- Strength Training Session with Puakea Coach, Suzy Strazzulla
- Learn to Row/Erg session with Cody Silvester
- Basic First Aid Session with Jo Jo Toeppner
- Canoe Trailering Basics (tying knots, how to use straps, etc.)
- Motor Boat Safety session
- Breakfast and lunch will be provided Monday - Thursday (Aug. 8-11th) at camp
- Opening Dinner on Monday evening (August 8th, 2022)
- Closing Dinner on Thursday evening (August 11th, 2022)
- Friday, August 12th, 2022, will be OFF for recovery and race prep
- Saturday, August 13th, 2022, campers will race together in teams selected by coaches in the Whitey Harrison 9-man race in Dana Point, CA.
- Access to the NAC facility and equipment during camp sessions
- Camp bag with any sponsored gear and a camp jersey
- Camp photos/videos
This camp is programmed for junior paddlers looking to expand their skills as a waterman or woman through various water and paddlesports. Our goal is for each camper to come out of this camp with more confidence in themselves on and off the water.
Registration is now open.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
within 30 days of purchase - full refund
after 30 day to 30 days before the camp - full refund minus $25 service fee
within 30 days of the camp - full refund minus $100 service fee
If the camp is sold out, please email Kelly at Kelly@puakeadesigns.com to be put on the waiting list. Waitlisted paddlers will be added on in order of wait list sign-ups when a spot opens up.